Monday, April 18, 2011

Another Day


My favorite painting weather. Fog/ rain.  spent some good hours working on 'Take a Seat"  It's close to being finished and with Tues. Wed. and Thurs. guaranteed as at least a few hours, I should be done by Friday.  I'm also working on a 'random' piece that started as a response to a 'dark' mood I was in last Monday.  Attacking the paper with no plan, I was surprised to find that my mood wasn't what I thought.  Apparently I was happy!  Wonder what would happen if I felt happy and started with the same attack mode.  Anyway, I like what's happening so far, and finally got the nerve to approach it again today.  After removing the resist, I added more color.  It's warming up. Now I've got to make some hard decisions about how to finish.  I keep trying to avoid the inevitable 'it looks like' vibe and just stay loose. I don't want to start trying to make it conform to a thing -but the mood is happy and tropical.  Can I stay there?

No comments:

Post a Comment