Monday, April 25, 2011

Trying to Finish



Day after Easter, kind of cold and wet, just the weather I like for working in the studio.  I'm not drawn outside by sunshine.  Still trying to wrestle three paintings to the ground and call them  finished.  'Take a Seat' is close, the other two I'm still  lost in composition with.  One reminds me of a trip to San Miguel Allende and I am still working on capturing the mood of that wonderful place. Today I took a step in that direction, strengthening some darks and defining a few of the shapes.  The other is still giving me trouble.  I feel like it's almost there except for one shape on the upper right.  It is becoming more organic but needs something I can't define.  That's the challenge of working with abstraction, knowing when enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment