Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting Started



Just getting started on my blog. Don't exactly know how it  all works but I guess I'll find out.  My intent in creating this blog is to record the events of my art life.  Paintings I'm working on. Shows I am entering. Workshops I'm taking. And anything else that will help me process the work I love to do.  Right now I'm finishing up one painting that is part of my collection series, named "Take a Seat" .  I love the perspective and abstraction of this piece and think it's going to be exciting to view when it is finished. Getting the drawing on paper was very difficult and I had to succumb to projection to get the basic lines in order.  After that it took another day of drawing before I was ready to start painting.  I began with a simple palette of opera, naples yellow and manganese to create the shimmering light in the background.  From there I  added cobalt, yellow ochre and permanent rose to strengthen the values.  The images above with the exception of the first are examples of other paintings in my collection series.  I really enjoy finding ordinary objects that show a different view of life. As Mike Bailey says: Exault the mundane to the Extrordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment